Tuesday 4 November 2014

Slow down!

I've not written a blog post for a few weeks. There is a good reason for this! I've had to slow down a bit because I've injured my wrist. Luckily some tablets and an injection later it is getting better. Phew!

I've also been working on a large piece of work and so there are only a few sketches I can currently show you.

From my sketchbook:

I think I've mentioned on here before that Chickpea can whistle and she's does. A lot! 

For @Daily__Doodle (Twitter) there was a Labyrinth theme and I managed to sneak in time to draw Hoggle from memory. 

Also for @Daily__Doodle a quick catch up for the Pumpkin Boy, Vampire Cat and Zombie Mouse topics. 

Of course we had half term and Halloween. We always make bats for the back door. I make a template and Chickpea can now go crazy and do her own. I like to do a theme and this year chose some of Chickpea's favourite films. There's Totoro (My Neighbour Totoro), Elsa (Frozen), a Minion (Despicable Me), SpongeBob (erm... SpongeBob) and No Face (Spirited Away).

This is a little character that I think I'm going to do some more work on.

A cat. Not much to say on this!

Chickpea got a new party dress and was so happy! We had a family party to go to and a new dress was definitely needed!

We also went to a Halloween fireworks display which was great fun. Oooh, ahhh etc.

I may have watched Downton Abbey. Oh that Lady Mary! 


I do enjoy sketching while watching TV. I find it quite a good exercise for getting things down on paper quickly. It makes me look harder and work quicker. 

Finally this is the big piece I'm working on. This is a work in progress shot.
I hope to show more soon.

I'll just mention now that if any schools want to book me up for workshops for next year, please do go and look at the events page on my website 
www.terismyth.com 

Thanks for spending time looking at my blog. 

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment